Living your life to your full potential means that you are living on purpose. You are doing what you love to do everyday. You are always aligned with this calling and working towards it. BUT, how do you know what your life purpose is?
Whether your looking to start a biz, change your biz, or find a new career, you are essentially trying to find your life purpose. When I was trying to figure out my life purpose I went through a time of reflection.
Here are some tips on determining your life purpose.
1. List the top 10 things you love to do or that you always seem to be doing (intentionally and enjoy doing so.) For example, it might be doing something creative, baking, exercising, exploring your faith. For me, I always seem to be giving advice, consulting, sharing my knowledge and helping people.
2. Look into your past. Think of times when you truly felt you were living on purpose and vibing with the universe. Start from when you were a child, to teen, to adult. Try to think of a couple examples for each decade in your life. Briefly write about each example. Then, highlight the key words and phrases that seem to be repeating themselves.
3. Create a statement about the vision for your life. This is typically the path of least resistance; one you seem to flourish in naturally. Start with, “My vision is…” An example of my vision for my business. My vision is that all female entrepreneurs are able to make a difference in their industry by having the confidence to educate their clients and live the life they’ve been dreaming of.
4. Test your life purpose. A good purpose statement pulls you towards it, lights the fire within you. You have a desire to fulfill it. If you’re not feeling it, re-work it until it feels just right. Your life purpose may change as you grow and learn. That’s the beauty of the ilfe purpose it can change.
5. Finally, to make sure you are supporting your life purpose, you want to create an environment that contributes to living it. Create a list of people and the qualities they should have that would support you. Surround yourself with these people so you can accomplish your purpose. What does the environment look like? Peaceful, supportive, loving, etc.
Now that you have your purpose get out there and live it!
If you’re still having trouble or feeling confused, give me a call, I would love to help you figure out your true potential.